We’re buying more clothes than ever, which means we’re getting rid of more. We think by giving a bag to the charity shop every now and then means we’re a Good Samaritan, sometimes that’s not the case, charity shops are completely overwhelmed by clothing and what is appropriate goes to the third world and 9 times out of 10 ends up in a landfill in their country because they have no need for ridiculous amounts of clothes.
We thought it would be a good idea to host a swap shop at our workshop, where you can swap and buy pre loved clothes, knowing that your clothes will go to a good home and get a second life!
Held on the 26th January 7:00pm - 8:30pm
1. If you would like a table to sell your pre loved clothes, please book using the link. Tables are just £10 and we only have 15 spaces!
2. You’re welcome to bring up to 50 items of clothing/shoes (women’s, men’s, kids) If you don’t have anything to sell you’re welcome to come, buy and have a drink!
3. Everything you bring must have your name and price on it! Best to us luggage tags! You can do this when you arrive at the workshop, sellers can arrive to set up from 6:00pm. Doors open at 7:00. We'll provide tables and hangers, but if you have a rail please bring that too.
4. Strictly no PRIMARK, let’s be honest it only has one life in it! Other well known high-street brands are welcome, Top Shop, Asos, Whistles, Uban Outfitters etc...
5. Please make sure your clothes have been washed and smell nice. Nothing too warn, no holds etc.
6. Don’t prices your items too high if you don’t want to take them home! Here’s a rough guide, but it’s totally up to you! Tops £5, Bottoms £5, Shoes £10, Coats £20 ( high-Street ) if you have high end brands please price accordingly.
Tea and coffee free for all!